GSoC Project Ideas Page
This page lists a bunch of project ideas, meant to serve as starting points as you develop your own plan. You’re free to modify them to your tastes, or propose something totally different in an area you’re interested in.
Check out the application guidelines once you have a project in mind.
Table of Contents
We have our project ideas organised roughly into the skillsets required:
- General – jack-of-all-trades projects that don’t require special skills.
- Compiler – work on the Julia compiler’s internals to make things better for everyone.
- HPC – write code that runs on lots of machines, goes really fast, processes lots of data, or all three.
- Numerics – Challenges for the hard–core number-cruncher, including linear algebra routines and basic mathematical functions.
- Differential Equations - Numerical methods for high-performance solving of differential equation models
- Tooling – The projects that make the people that make Julia go, go. Help us make a really amazing IDE!
You can see previous Summer of Code projects at the Archive page.