All participants in the Julia community are requested to read the
Standards, and abide by
them in all Julia related forums.
- julia-news – low traffic mailing list for important announcements, such as new releases.
- julia-users – discussion around the usage of Julia. New users of Julia can ask their questions here. As a courtesy to others, do check the archives and documentation to see if a particular question is already answered.
- julia-dev – discussions related to the development of Julia itself.
- julia-stats – special purpose mailing list for discussions related to statistical programming with Julia. Topics of interest include DataFrame support, GLM modeling, and automatic generation of MCMC code for Bayesian models.
- julia-opt – discussions related to numerical optimization in julia. This includes Mathematical Programming (linear, mixed-integer, conic, semi-definite, etc.), constrained and unconstrained gradient-based and gradient-free optimization, and related topics.
- JuliaBox – discussions related to running Julia in the so-called cloud.
- julia-users-es – discussions around the usage of Julia in the Spanish language.
We use GitHub to track our source code and for tracking and discussing issues (bugs and their fixes, new features, and proposed changes) and commits. GitHub’s pages are for Julia’s development; for user support, please see julia-users.
There is also a list of packages for Julia, many of which are also hosted on and developed using GitHub.
Various Julia projects are hosted under the following umbrella organizations on GitHub:
Google Summer of Code 2014
Julia participated in the Google Summer of Code 2014.
A blog aggregator for Julia blogs
Various Julia videos and playlists are posted on YouTube
- Tweet using the #JuliaLang hashtag on Twitter.
- Tweets mainly in Spanish using the #JuliaLangsEs hashtag on Twitter.
Use the julia-lang tag on StackOverflow, if you post a Julia related question on StackOverflow.
- Many Julia users and developers hang out in the #julia IRC channel on Freenode.
- julia Gitter chat room is for discussions around the usage of Julia.
- julialang-es Gitter chat room is for discussions around the usage of Julia in the Spanish language.
- julia-coverage Gitter chat room is for discussions around Julia tests coverage.
- JuliaLangEs group for discussions around the usage of Julia in the Spanish language.
Julia has several local user groups:
Don’t have one in your area? Why not start one!
The Julia Language SubReddit is a collection of various blog posts and articles related to Julia.